An electric griddle has proved to be one important gadget your kitchen should have. Making pancakes using an ordinary pan for instance, while attempting to flip it and it is stuck. Or struggling to fit the spatula along with the dome of the pan while making some fried eggs are some of the problems that griddles came to solve. When the griddles were introduced in the market, they gained popularity pretty fast. A lot of people loved them as they cook way better than stoves. Those who love to cook will tell you the sparks of an electric griddle. It makes cooking easier and is not only multi-functional but also pretty fast.
The electric griddle is important for those who love fried eggs, pancakes, and bacon. It doesn’t just sort you out with your breakfast, but you can also prepare your lunch or even dinner using this incredible kitchen tool.
Over the years, electric griddles have had many improvements. This article will particularly highlight some of the best electric cast iron griddles currently in the market.
The Benefits of Electric Cast Iron Griddles
Electric cast-iron griddles are beneficial in different ways including:
- Heavy duty: This is one of the best things about these cast iron griddles. They are very suitable for cooking foods on a professional level. This material is of good quality and lasts long.
- Easy maintenance: They are easy to store and clean. Griddles can be very hard to clean but the electric cast iron ones are very easy to clean, which is another reason why they are so popular.
- Even heat: The cast iron griddles cook perfectly as the heat on the cooking surface is evenly heated.
- Cooks a variety of food: These griddles will cook a variety of foods from vegetables to chicken and sandwiches. They have temperature ranges that can accommodate different kinds of cooking.
|Equipex PSE-600||Stainless Steel||Check Price|
|Koval Electric Griddle||Stainless Steel||Check Price|
|Waring WFG150||Stainless Steel||Check Price|
|Equipex PSE-400/1||Stainless Steel||Check Price|
|Secura GR-1503XL||Plastic||Check Price|
Here are the five best electric cast iron griddles that are available in the market:
This Equipex countertop electric griddle is 40 pounds with dimensions of 20 inches by 19 inches by 11 inches with a cast iron plate. It has a cooking surface of 15inches width and 14-1/2 depth. It also comes with back and side splashes, and a grease container that holds the excess grease and other drips when cooking. The grease container is also removable for ease of cleaning. It features two cooking zones that are both controlled thermostatically to 570F. This griddle is constructed using stainless steel and has a recessed control panel. This electric cast iron griddle can cook about 170 pancakes, 210 burgers, and 75 steaks per hour.
- It cooks fast.
- Temperature control is easy due to its thermostatic control.
- Some food may stick on the surface when cooking.
Also Read : Best Outdoor Gas Griddles
This countertop electric griddle is made using a premium grade of stainless steel that makes it sturdy and compact. It features a removable grease tray for holding grease and other kinds of drips. The removable tray allows you to thoroughly and easily clean the grease off. All you need to do to clean this griddle is wet a cloth and wipe it. It is very easy to maintain. This electric griddle has four legs that are elevated as well as a flat top for better stability. It can be used to cook a variety of food from meat, grilled cheese, vegetables, scrambled eggs and so much more. It has an 8mm thick cooking plate made of iron and is 15inch x 14 1/5 inch. The stainless steel ensures that the griddle heats up easily and evenly. This griddle has a thermostatic control that allows you to adjust the temperature as you desire while preparing different kinds of meals. It also comes with extra splash guards on the back and sides of the griddle to keep off hot oil or grease from splattering on the surroundings. It comes with the US standard plug so you can easily plug and use it. This grill is 1500 watts.
- Heat up evenly and is easy to control the temperature to cook a variety of foods.
- It has splash guards for user protection.
- You need to use lots of oil for food not to stick.
- It smokes.
This 120V Waring grill is made of brushed stainless steel that provides a smooth cooking surface with even temperature. It also comes with a drip tray that is removable for easy cleaning. You can prepare a variety of meals on this grill including vegetables, sandwiches, chicken, burgers and many more. One of the best foods you can make using this griddle is the Panini. It has an adjustable thermostat that allows you to set your preferred temperature that goes from 140F up to 570F. Its working surface is 9,75inch by 9.25inch and is 3inch thick. It also has a power-on indicator that lights when the grill is plugged into a power source so you will know when it is on. The griddle comes with heat-resistant handles to make it easier to hold or move the grill when hot. It comes with a 120V AC, 15-ampere power, 1800 watts, and rated NEMA 5-15P rating and is UL approved with an NSF certification.
- It has on and a ready indicator which eases operation.
- It has heat-resistant handles.
- It is a bit heavy.
This Equipex electric griddle comes with a 15inch x 14 ½ inch cooking surface. It is made of fine cast iron plate which has even heating to give you great cooking results. It has thermostatic control that goes up to 570F. There are also holders at the back and sides of the griddle for keeping off the splashes while cooking. This griddle also has a drip tray that holds excess grease and other kinds of drips as you cook. The drip tray is also easy to clean, as it can be removed from the griddle. It is 2000watt and 208/240 volt. One of the good things about this griddle is that it has a consistent heating system and you can cook lots of food with an hour.
- It cooks pretty fast.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It is a little heavy.
- It is not non-stick.
The Secura GR-1503XL portable grill is non-stick and has a reversible cooking plate. The plate is 15.5 by 11.5 inches and is about 180 square inches. With this big cooking surface, this griddle allows you to cook faster and also provides enough space for you to easily move your food as you cook. This griddle also comes with a heavy-duty tri-ply removable cooking plate that has a heating element that is sandwiched between the griddle plate and the grill plate.
The two-in-one griddle and grill also ensure you save some cabinet space. This Secura griddle also comes with a glass lid that ensures there are no splashes from the cooking and also helps retains the heat of the food. There are also extra vents on the side of the griddle that helps food get crispy as you barbecue. It also has an adjustable thermostat control that is also removable. This grill also comes with cool-touch housing and handles so the user can hold the grill easily when hot. There is also a heating indicator light. This grill also has drip channels that help drain away excess oils and other drips to the drip tray. The drip tray is easily disassembled and can be removed for proper and easier cleaning. This griddle comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It is two in one.
- It has a large cooking surface that makes cooking easier and faster.
- It has a lead that helps to retain heat.
- Its temperature can only go up to 450F which is lower compared to other griddles.
Best Electric Cast Iron Griddles Buyers Guide
The electric griddles are all powered by electricity and all have flat cooking surfaces. As much as they have a couple of similar features, these electric cast iron griddles also have individual unique features, and that’s what determines which should you pick at the end of the day. It is important to understand these features so you can choose one that suits your needs.
Some of the features you need to consider are:
There are griddles of different sizes in the market and the size of the griddle is proportion to the cooking surface on the griddle. The bigger the surface area the more food you can prepare on the griddle at a go.
Depending on how big your family is, go for one that you can prepare meals on, fast and in the shortest time possible because the whole point of getting griddles is to make cooking easier.
Griddles come in different materials. It all depends on the manufacturer. Here are some of the popular materials:
- Cast iron: The cast iron is one of the good quality materials and offers good non-stick features as well as provides good heat distribution.
- Non-stick coating: This cooking plate is made from metal and is then coated with ceramic, Teflon, or other non-stick material. Some have, however, been reported to get scratched.
- Aluminum: This cooking surface heats up quickly, which is a plus and also gives even heat distribution. It is also lighter compared to other materials.
- Stainless Steel: This material is one of the long-lasting and strongest materials. It has no chipping problems and neither does it rust or stain. This material is preferable with induction cooking.
This is also something you should check when purchasing an electric griddle. There are different heat control systems. Some of the popular ones are:
- Single thermostat: This has one temperature and is barely precise.
- Dual thermostat: This has two sensors and gives better temperature measurement. You can also split the griddle and cook at two different heat measurements on each of the parts.
- Basic Control: This griddle has a standard High, Low, Medium, & -temperature setting. It’s easy to control but on the other hand, lacks precision.
- Adjustable Temperature Control: Griddles with this type of control allow you to choose your exact proffered temperature as you prepare your food. This offers you more control in your cooking. It can come in analog or digital formats.
Ease in cleaning
Cooking produces grease and other oils, so you should ensure you can clean your griddle with ease. Look out for the features that have been put in place for easy cleaning.
As much as the flat surface of griddles has a lot of benefits, they are not ideal when it comes to grilling of meat because they have no means of draining off the excess grease and other oils produced while cooking. Some griddles have a grill insert that drains away the drips and others have a cooking surface that can be interchanged from grill to griddle.
Electric cast iron griddles are available in the market for different prices, ranging from costly to affordable options. It will come down to how much you are willing to part with. Money does talk.
Economical value provided
With nonstick griddles, you can use a smaller amount of oil or butter to prevent your food from sticking compared to when cooking on surfaces that are not non-stick. Non-stick griddles reduce your oil consumption thus saves you from utilizing too much butter or oil supplies.
As we conclude, it is obvious that the cast iron electric griddle transforms your cooking methods and makes your work easier as well as saves you lots of time. There are many benefits to them and that is why they have become popular over the years. With the above-highlighted features and benefits, you can now easily pick one that works for you without too much struggle. Do not forget to have a look at the buyer’s guide as well, so that you can have a clear idea of the features that matter.