An electric griddle is a good choice when you want to cook hamburgers indoors on a piece of temperature-controlled equipment. It saves the range top for cooking side dishes while preparing the meat without adding fat. Ground beef cooks in patties directly on the griddle without adding clean-up.
Electric griddles do not require seasoning and minimal assembly. It ensures that you cook hamburgers correctly right out of the box. However, it is important to note that a plug-in electric griddle is not a replacement for a traditional stovetop griddle or skillet. But, it will add an extra cooking surface when required. today we are cooking a burger on an electric griddle and here is the electric griddle recipe for cooking it.
You will require the following to prepare and cook burgers on an electric griddle:
- An electric griddle
- A spatula
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Oil to griddle
- Salt (preferably organic with garlic pepper)
- Burger buns
- Cheese (optional)
- Butter (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, onions, a beaten egg, and seasoning to taste. Mix thoroughly, preferably using your hands
- Split the mixture into four portions. Wet your hands to prevent the meat from sticking to your hands
- Roll each portion of the beef into a ball and then flatten to form patties. The patties should be approximately ¾ to 1 inch thick. Make a tiny indent in the middle using your thumb
- Cover the burgers with cling film or place the patties between sheets of wax paper and place them in the refrigerator for about half an hour or overnight. This helps them to become firm, thus prevents them from falling apart when you cook them
- Preheat your electric griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If your electric griddle does not indicate when it is fully preheated, ensure that you test it after a few minutes. You can test by dropping a few water drops on the hot surface. A properly heated griddle with sizzle immediately and the water droplets will evaporate
- Brush the surface of the burgers with oil and place the hamburgers on the preheated electric griddle and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Ensure that your patties are spaced out and they will not come into contact with each other. Using a silicone spatula, flip the burgers to the other side and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. A silicon spatula helps to avoid scratching the surface of the griddle
- Add cheese if desired. Use your spatula to squeeze on the top to help the cheese melt
- As the second side is cooking, cut your buns in half and spread some butter, and place it on the griddle. Alternatively, you can use the oil from the burgers to toast the inner sides of your buns.
- Pull the burger from your griddle and place them on the burns. Unplug the griddle. Allow your burger to rest for 3 minutes before serving. You can use your favorite extras
- Clean your griddle as soon as it is cool enough to touch
What temperature should be set when cooking burgers on your electric griddle?
You need to preheat your electric griddle to 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This heat is enough to cook your burgers without burning them.
Ensure that you use a pastry brush to spread the oil evenly onto your electric griddle. Alternatively, you can use tongs and a paper towel that you can dip into some oil. A thin layer is good to make your burgers.
Another great tip is that you should ensure that your patties are spaced out evenly on the surface of your electric griddle. Watch out for any spots that may seem to cook faster and move the burgers around to ensure that they cook evenly.
How long should you cook burgers on an electric griddle?
The recommended time is about 4-5 minutes on the first side and 3-4 minutes on the second side. You can use an instant-read thermometer which will help you check for the doneness of your burgers.
The best time to clean your electric griddle after cooking your burgers is after it has cooled enough. You will be required to wipe it down using a paper towel to remove excess oil. Using a soft sponge or brush, clean your electric griddle using dish soap and warm water. You can use a spray hose to rinse it off.
It is important to ensure that in case of any oil drips, the oil should be wiped clean. The electric buttons should not be allowed to be in contact with water at any time. Dry your electric griddle and allow it to air dry for a few hours.
Use 80% lean ground beef to get tender and juicy burgers. Getting 100% lean ground beef will make your patties stick to the griddle and you will get dry burgers as a result. Any more fat content in the ground beef will lead to greasy burgers when cooked.
You will never go wrong with an electric griddle when you want to make burgers. An electric griddle makes the process easier and faster since you can cook four patties simultaneously without worrying about overcrowding. Also, the patties will not come into contact with each other and you will ensure that they cook evenly.