Cooking eggs on an electric griddle is not as hard as you may think. The difference in functionality between a griddle and a frying pan is the anchored cooking surface. You can make boiled, scrambled, omelette, and sunny side up on an electric griddle. Ensure that you set the right temperature to get the best results.
Eggs are a good source of protein as well as other essential vitamins and minerals. Use the correct utensils to ensure that you don’t burn your wrist when cooking eggs on an electric griddle.
You will require the following to prepare and cook eggs on an electric griddle:
Equipment and utensils
- Electric griddle
- Small cups and mugs
- Silicone spatula
- Metal rings
- Black pepper
- Butter or vegetable oil
Method for Sunny Side up on Electric Griddle
- Break the eggs and put them into a small cup or mug. Ensure that no shell gets into the cup
- Prepare the plate by greasing the cooking surface with oil and set the temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the suitable temperature to cook eggs
- Pour the eggs onto your electric griddle surface from the cup. You can season your eggs as per your taste using salt and ground black pepper
- Pour a spoonful of water on the plate and let it bubble for a few seconds. You will be required to cover the eggs using a lid
- Cook until the egg white is set. Boil the covered eggs for one minute and uncover. Ensure that the egg white is completely set, for about 30 seconds
- Use a spatula by placing it under the eggs and scrape them out of the pan. If necessary, you may pry up the corner of the eggs to ensure that the spatula passes cleanly under the eggs
Method for Easy, Medium, or Difficult Cooking
- Preheat the griddle to a temperature of 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Break the eggs separately and combine them in one cup.
- Place some butter or vegetable oil on the surface of the electric griddle and pour your eggs from the cup. Boil the egg until the egg white becomes hand and opaque
- Slide the side of the spatula under the egg and give it a gentle rollover. Ensure that you do not slide the front of the spatula under the egg because you will break the yolk
- Boil the egg for about 15 seconds after turning. If you want it to be harder, boil it for one minute
How to make Scrambled Eggs on Electric Griddle
- Heat the griddle and apply butter or vegetable oil. The temperature should be at 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Beat the eggs using a whisk and season them as per your preference
- Break small pieces of cold butter and beat them into the eggs. This helps the egg to become fluffier
- Pour the egg on your electric griddle and carefully slide the base of the sliding spatula over the top of the eggs in a circular motion. You should do this for about a minute
- Turn the spatula and bring the eggs closer and turn them. Turn off the heat from your electric griddle. Allow the eggs to boil with the residual heat until they are hard as you want
How to make an omelette on an electric griddle?
It is possible to make an omelette on a flat top of an electric griddle. Ensure that you use a little water or milk to the omelette mix to get great results. The additions for the omelette mix are based on personal preference since there are people who prefer adding mushrooms, onions, or any chopped vegetables. If you choose to add this, make sure that they are fried until they are soft then you can add your egg.
Here is a method for making the perfect omelette on an electric griddle:
- Make 2-3 eggs per omelette to serve one person. Crack the eggs into a bowl
- Season with salt and black pepper and whisk until evenly mixed. Preheat your electric griddle and spray or brush with vegetable oil
- Pour your omelette mix slowly and gently on the electric griddle. Use a spatula to coax into a round shape
- Add a teaspoon of water and cover with a lid to steam the omelette. Cook until the eggs are firm. Flip the omelette once the base is set to cook the other side
- Use frying rings if you want to attain a clean round shape. Place the ring on your electric griddle, pour the egg, and remove it after 30 seconds.
What temperature do you cook eggs on an electric griddle?
You should set your electric griddle to a temperature of 300 to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the ideal temperature for cooking eggs on an electric griddle and it will help you to easily monitor the doneness without overcooking
Electric Griddle Fried Eggs Temperature
The ideal temperature for fried eggs on an electric griddle is 325 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature is appropriate when you want to make soft, medium, or hard fried eggs
Electric Griddle Scrambled Eggs Temperature
The recommended temperature for cooking scrambled eggs on an electric griddle is 325 degrees Fahrenheit
How do you cook eggs on an Electric Griddle?
If you have an electric griddle you can comfortably cook and enjoy your eggs. You can either cook scrambled and fried eggs on an electric griddle. Read the recipes above to understand how you can make your egg using an electric griddle.
Now that you have understood how to cook eggs on an electric griddle, you should be in a position to do it easily. You may face problems when you cook your eggs on an electric griddle for the first time, but after you do it several times you will be an expert.